Hochfügen ski areaYour ski resort in the high mountains
Your breath comes out in clouds of steam in the cold air. Now it's time to get moving. This generates heat and does your mind, body, and soul good. Leave your mark behind in the snow whether in the form of skis or snowboards. It's such a magnificent feeling to let your gaze wander over the winter landscape and take a break to relax and breath - so simple and freeing.
Hochfügen is located at an elevation of 1500 m in the middle of the ski area with a skiing connection to Ski-Optimal Hochzillertal/Kaltenbach, and the Spieljochbahn in Fügen offers 181 km of perfectly prepared slopes. You can reach elevations of over 2,500 m by gondola, chair lift, or tow lift. Skiing is possible here from November to April. When the valley returns to a lush green, King Winter still reigns up here on the mountain.
You will find all info on ski passes, day passes, etc. here.
Specials in the Hochfügen ski area
Our ski area has so much to offer... including perfect slopes and a wonderful atmosphere! If you are in the mood for a special adventure, then you have come to the right place:
For example, how about a VIP sunrise experience with breakfast? In Hochfügen, we can make these dreams a reality. Or would you like to take a look behind the scenes? We will be happy to show you how the slopes are so wonderfully prepared. One highlight is a ride on one of our snow grooming machines upon request. Would you like to be the first skier on a pristine, untouched slope? You can enjoy this with CAT skiing - an experience that is unique throughout Europe.
Kostenzer Ski Rental: lugging around equipment is a thing of the past
Here, you can get the most modern equipment for your perfect ski day.
Do you want the newest material? The best snowboard? The most professional advice? With our partner Kostenzer ski school and rental, you will have a pro by your side. Only 80 meters from the hotel, you can rent equipment for skiing enthusiasts of all ages that is perfectly adjusted and selected according to personal ability. Along with skiing and snowboarding equipment, you can also rent the newest cross-country skiing equipment or toboggan as well as complete ski touring equipment including shovel, LVS, and probe.
Kostenzer Ski School: ready, set, go!
Would your kids like to learn how to ski or improve their skills? Kostenzer Ski School offers courses for all age groups and every ability level. Individual or group lessons for pros or beginners. Professional instructors will introduce the little ones to the fascination of winter sports and will show them how much fun it can be to glide down the slopes. Of course, having fun is always the focus! Mom and Dad can carve down the slopes on their own or learn tips and tricks from highly qualified snow sports instructors and discover the most beautiful slopes here in the Hochfügen – Zillertal ski area.
- Ski-in / ski-out: the Alpincenter is located right next to the ski run in Hochfügen
- State-of-the-art lifts: 19 tow lifts, 12 chair lifts, and 5 gondolas
- Easy, intermediate, and difficult slopes, magic carpet for the little ones
- Powder fun: 10 km of routes for freeriders
- Slope highlights: Snowpark Lamark, FunLine, BMW Canyon, and BMW xDrive Cup
- On 12 weekends throughout the season: free freeriding guide with "Skifriends" powered by Dynastar
- Ski passes can be purchased online prior to your arrival
- Unique in the Zillertal: freeride shuttle, with which you can be the first on the mountain to reach the untouched slopes
- There is a guest kindergarten with the Hochfügen tourist office, which will be happy to plan activities with your children if needed